Tuesday 19 November 2019

Review: Disarm

Disarm Disarm by Karina Halle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Disarm is the second book in Karina Halle’s Dumonts series, and if I’m honest I did not enjoy this one quite as much as I enjoyed the first. It certainly has me eager to see what the third book brings, but I was not as obsessed with it as I have been with other books from the author.

With Disarm, we continue the story first introduced to us in Discretion. I enjoyed digging deeper into the story, finding out more about what was going on and how much bigger certain elements of the story were than I expected.

Although I enjoyed seeing the overall story develop, I wasn’t crazy about the characters in this one. I was excited for their story, desperate to find out more, but I found I was never as invested in them as I had expected to be. Things between them felt rather lukewarm, rather than the scorching heat I had been anticipating.

All in all, this was not a favourite from the author, but I remain curious about the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment