Monday 11 November 2019

Review: The Shape of Night

The Shape of Night The Shape of Night by Tess Gerritsen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m a big Tess Gerritsen fan and am always eager to dive into the author’s work. With The Shape of Night, we have a book that left me curious. I love a good supernatural twist to a story, and I was eager to see how Tess Gerritsen would incorporate it into a story.

Although The Shape of Night was an enjoyable read, one I easily devoured in a single sitting, it wasn’t quite all I was expecting. It was enjoyable, yes, but I would have liked a wee bit more from it. I wanted to dig deeper into the supernatural elements of the story, and I wanted things to be a bit creepier. Don’t get me wrong, it was addictive, but it was a bit too easy to work out and I feel more depth to the supernatural elements would have made me enjoy this one a bit more.

Overall, another enjoyable read from Tess Gerritsen, although not a favourite from the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment