Saturday 9 November 2019

Review: Sweet Revenge

Sweet Revenge Sweet Revenge by River Laurent
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

My first River Laurent read hooked me, and I’ve since been curious for more. Although I have enjoyed the books I have read since, I have not enjoyed any of them as much as I enjoyed my first read from the author. With Sweet Revenge, we have a book I found hard to finish.

I like a bit of substance in my romance, and this one did not have it. We end one relationship and jump into bed with another guy hours later, all whilst thinking about the damage done to our heroine’s self-esteem. In my experience of having low self-esteem, that is not how it works. I know everyone has a different experience, but I could not get the thoughts and actions to line up, thus leaving me unable to enjoy the story. Add in the fact I felt no connection to the characters and there was nothing in the story that left me wanting more, and this one missed the mark for me.

Some may enjoy this as a quick read, but it was not for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment