Wednesday 13 November 2019

Review: Turtle Walk

Turtle Walk Turtle Walk by Joanne Macgregor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’ve read a few Joanne Macgregor books – both those written as Joanne Macgregor (The Law of Tall Girls, Recoil, and Hushed) and those written as Jo Macgregor (The First Time I Died and The First Time I Fell) – and have enjoyed them all. In fact, each time I enjoy a Joanne Macgregor book I tell myself to go and read all the author’s other work. Thus, when the chance came to read Turtle Walk, I was all over it.

Turtle Walk is the first book in the Ecowarriors series, aimed at slightly younger readers than Joanne Macgregor’s usual target audience, but it is a great read for all ages. It’s a story that grips on many levels, along with sending a great message. It pulls you in deep, ensuring you power through the story, and by the time you reach the end you will be ready for book two.

With great characters and a story that has plenty packed into it, Turtle Walk ensures you’re given a read that will stick with you long after you’ve finished reading. It will have you wearing a wide smile at the sweet moments, it will have you thinking at the important messages, and it will satisfy you throughout.

Without a doubt, Turtle Walk is another wonderful read from Joanne Macgregor.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment