Monday 28 May 2018

Review: Bitten & Smitten

Bitten & Smitten Bitten & Smitten by Michelle Rowen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have a particular weakness for paranormal romance books, constantly finding myself drawn towards new series (or, at least, new to me). I regularly say I will not start a new series until I am up to date with all the other series I am reading, and yet something more always calls out to me. Bitten & Smitten is a prime example of this.

Bitten & Smitten is the first book in Michelle Rowen’s Immortality Bites series, and I seem to have found myself another paranormal romance series that I will need to follow. Fortunately, there are a few books out already for me to sink my teeth into, so this series should keep me busy for a while once I get hold of the next few books – starting with Fanged & Fabulous.

As the titles will have you guessing, this is not a series to be taken seriously. It’s a light-hearted series, filled with plenty of amusement to leave you chuckling out loud. Sure, there are plenty of heavier moments – deeper moments for the storyline, moments where things become more serious to progress the story forward – yet on the whole this is an entertaining read that will leave you with a bounce in your step.

In all honesty, this was exactly what I needed from the book. Sometimes I just want a book with plenty of laughter, one I will be sucked into and will complete in no time at all, one I will have a lot of fun with, and one I will be more than willing to say ‘it wasn’t perfect, but it was perfect for what I needed’ – and such is exactly what Bitten & Smitten provided.

It was light-hearted and fun, leaving me more than willing to dive into the next book. I may not be overjoyed with the romance in this one (I’m not feeling the couples at all), but I’m hoping that will come in time. Everything else I wanted from this book, I got – and that is all I can ask for.

Without a doubt, this is a series I want more of.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment