Tuesday 29 May 2018

Review: Eternal Rider

Eternal Rider Eternal Rider by Larissa Ione
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

From the first page of Pleasure Unbound, I was sucked into Larissa Ione’s Demonica universe, finding myself lost to the world, and unwilling to take a step back. Across a handful of days, I managed to power through the first five books in the Demonica series, and the short story, and was left in dire need of more. Fortunately, the Lords of Deliverance series continued all the fun.

It took me a while before I was able to get my hands on Eternal Rider – much longer than I care to admit to – but now that I’ve managed to get hold of it, I know it won’t be long before I order the rest of the books in the series. Because hot damn, I’d forgotten how much I love this universe. It’s so complex and beautiful, with amazing characters and storylines, and I cannot believe I went so long without reading something from Larissa Ione.

I will be honest, at first I was a wee bit tentative about this one. I adore the original Demonica clan, and without them in the start of the book I felt rather empty. I think it was because of my love for the original characters that it took me so long to fall in love with our new cast of characters. Once I came to know them, once the story started to progress, I found I love them just as much as I love the original clan.

If you have not read the original Demonica books, I would recommend doing so. It is not a necessity to understand the story arc in the Lords of Deliverance series, but it is extremely useful. References are made to characters and events, and you get a better understanding of everyone and everything if you have read the other books. Not to mention, they are absolutely wonderful reads – some of my favourite paranormal romance books.

As I’d hoped from Eternal Rider, once the story got moving I was lost to the tale. There was so much brought to our attention throughout this one, so much foreboding occurred, and I cannot wait to see how the rest of the series plays out. We were introduced to a new cast of wonderful characters, we got to see more of old favourites (although I would have liked a bit more of some of them, so I hope that happens in the future books), we get to find out so many details, we have so many questions, and there is so much promise.

Honestly, Eternal Rider simply worked to remind me how obsessed I am with Larissa Ione’s work. The action is amazing, the romance is steamy, and the world building is insane – all rolled together, the story sucks you in so deep that you never want to be let out.

I doubt I need to say it, as I’m sure it’s more than obvious, but the sooner I get my hands on Immortal Rider the sooner I will be a happy fan. Hell, I’ve already downloaded a number of the short stories to my Kindle, as I know I do not want to be away from this world for too long.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment