Tuesday 2 June 2020

Review: The First Score

The First Score The First Score by Amie Knight
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Since reading Amie Knight’s The Red Zone, I have been desperate for certain characters to have their stories told. Thus, I was eager to dive into The First Score. As has been the case with all my Amie Knight reads, this one hooked me right away and had me powering through it in a single sitting.

I had fallen for these characters in The Red Zone, but I fell even deeper for them in The First Score. I was sucked right into their story and loved watching the way things slowly built for them. They were so adorable together, and I was hooked on every interaction. Add in the fun side characters, and this is sure to hook readers.

The only thing I wasn’t one hundred percent won over with was one of the triggers in this book. I have personal experience with it, and I’m always picky when it’s used in a story. I would have liked a bit more attention to have been given to this aspect of the story, but that’s just personal experience talking.

Overall, The First Score was another wonderful read from Amie Knight. I’m now crossing my fingers that the side character I have loved throughout both stories will get his story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment