Tuesday 2 June 2020

Review: Titan

Titan Titan by Shantel Tessier
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I have heard many good things about Shantel Tessier, and it had me eager to dive into Titan. It sounded like something I would love, and I had high hopes for it.

Unfortunately, the book did not work for me. I think the biggest issue for me is that I have not read any of the author’s other work, and I felt like I was thrown into an already existing story. This is labelled the first in the Dark Kings series, but it doesn’t really work unless you have prior knowledge. You can power through it, but there are too many elements that make you feel like a fish out of water.

Although I was lost, I did try to continue. I kept trying, hoping it would hook me, but the more I read, the harder I found it to continue. I did not care for the characters, I did not feel any chemistry between them, and the storyline didn’t really work for me. The last, I think, mostly links back to the way it was told. There was so much looking back in time, and it just didn’t work for me. I wanted to be sucked into the present, and it never happened.

I’m sure many will enjoy this one, but it wasn’t for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment