Tuesday 2 June 2020

Review: Forty Day Fiancé

Forty Day Fiancé Forty Day Fiancé by Erin McCarthy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In Weekend Wife, Erin McCarthy introduced us to a group of characters I wanted to see more of. Thus, when Five First Dates came out, I was happy to dive into it. The same was true of Forty Day Fiancé. I was desperate for more of the characters and had high hopes for this one.

Although I enjoyed Forty Day Fiancé, I will be honest and say it’s my least favourite of the three. As this works perfectly fine as a standalone, you do not need to read the other books to enjoy this one. However, having read them, I found myself comparing them and found this one wasn’t as funny. There was some humour in it, the story certainly had me hooked, but it didn’t quite wow me in the way I had hoped it would.

Despite this, I was hooked and devoured this in no time. It’s a fun read and I loved getting to see more of the characters, and I’ve been left with high hopes of whose story is to come next. I’m certainly eager for more, and will be diving right in.

All in all, another addictive read from Erin McCarthy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment