Monday 18 January 2021

Review: The Twelve Tasks

The Twelve Tasks The Twelve Tasks by Katharine E. Wibell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I positively adored Katharine E. Wibell’s Incarn series and was more than happy to dive into The Twelve Tasks when I found out the author had a new book for me to devour. Upon finishing The Twelve Tasks, I’m convinced I’ll be rapidly consuming another series by the author.

The Twelve Tasks offers all the goodness people expect from fantasy adventures. From interesting worlds to gripping characters, from tasks to magic, and more, The Twelve Tasks has a bit of everything. From the start, it pulls readers in and has them curious to see how the details will play out. As the story develops, more and more details are added to ensure they cannot put the book down. It is a story where the pieces come together in a wonderful way, ensuring the reader will want more of the characters and the worlds.

If I had to pick the thing that I enjoyed most about this one, though, I would have to go with the way the author took known mythologies and mixed them into unique fantasy worlds. There were so many nods throughout – I doubt I caught them all – and I adored watching the way they all came together and were made unique to the story without deviating too much from the known. It ensured I could not get enough, and I’m curious to see what else the series offers.

Without a doubt, The Twelve Tasks is a brilliant start to the Djed Chronicles, and I cannot wait to see what comes next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment