Monday 12 July 2021

Review: Breathless

Breathless Breathless by Jennifer Niven
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I absolutely adored Jennifer Niven’s All the Bright Places and was eager to read another book from the author. Although Breathless had the potential to be another gripping read, it didn’t work for me in the way I had hoped.

I’ll be honest and say this book was a two-star rating for a while. I could not connect with the main character and there was little about the story that I found interesting. Things did get better once the story was moving, but I never came to care about the main character. Plus, there were plot points I was interested in that were never fully resolved. Thus, while it was interesting enough for me to give a three-star rating, it wasn’t quite a full three-star rating.

All in all, I can see the appeal, but this one didn’t work for me in the way I had hoped.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment