Tuesday 6 July 2021

Review: The Psychology of Time Travel

The Psychology of Time Travel The Psychology of Time Travel by Kate Mascarenhas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Psychology of Time Travel is one of those books that had me conflicted. It was an interesting idea, there were some parts of the story that I really liked, but it did not wow me in the end. There were too many predictable elements, and some of the details I was interested in were never taken as far as I had hoped they would be.

In truth, this isn’t quite a full three-star rating. The ending had me considering a two-star rating, but I enjoyed the initial build-up enough to give it a three-star rating. Although I was left wanting more and feeling like things had been too obvious, I did appreciate the way everything came together. There were a lot of moving parts, and it was interesting to see how they interacted. It was a complex book, and I liked that, but the complexities felt simple because of the cliches that were used.

All in all, this was something a little different that had me hooked. I did not love it, and I certainly wanted more from the ending, but it was an interesting idea.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment