Tuesday 21 September 2021

Review: Bly

Bly Bly by Kelsey Ketch
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Kelsey Ketch’s Bly is one of those books that left me conflicted. It was a story that had me curious about how everything would come together, but it was also one that never quite grabbed me in the way I had hoped. I can certainly see many people adoring this one, but it wasn’t quite everything that I had expected.

Bly is a story that contains many different elements. It is heavy on the supernatural, but I wouldn’t quite call it a horror. It was too light for that. Although not quite as intense as I would have liked, the mysterious elements of this one kept me turning the pages. I worked out quite a few of the elements with ease, but the specific way in which everything came together ensured I was eager to watch the pieces fall into place. It was a slow mover at times, but it more than kept me curious.

All in all, Bly was a lighter read than I’d expected, but it was one that kept me turning the pages to see the specific way in which everything would play out.

View all my reviews

1 comment: