Thursday 30 September 2021

Review: Good Eggs

Good Eggs Good Eggs by Rebecca Hardiman
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Good Eggs is a book that had me conflicted. Although there were some aspects of this that were entertaining, it was far too predictable for me. Due to this, I never quite felt the connection to the story that I had hoped to experience.

In truth, I think this might just be one of those cases where I was not the right reader. There was supposed to be humour with this story, but I did not find the story funny. In fact, I found some parts of it tedious. I kept waiting to be sucked in, eager to feel something, but that never happened. There were a handful of moments where this one left me with the belief things were going to improve, and the story certainly had potential, but it never delivered anything to make me truly invested in this one. Things felt too surface level, without the depth that would have made it more gripping.

All in all, I can see the appeal of Good Eggs, yet it was not for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment