Thursday 10 August 2017

Review: Edge of Danger

Edge of Danger Edge of Danger by Zee Monodee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Edge of Danger is the first book in the Corpus Agency series, and it starts us off with a serious bang. I really am excited to see where this series heads, as there is so much potential for great things. Honestly, I feel a serious addiction coming on.

This first book starts us with two things that always grab my attention: amnesia and clandestine agencies. Mixing the two together gives you a story that will leave you gripped, curious as to how every detail comes together.

I’ll be completely honest by saying it took me a while to get into this story. Although I was interested by the storyline, I wasn’t pulled in by the characters. They were merely a way to give the details I so desperately wanted – at least at the start. Once things really got moving, once information started to come to light and the connections were being made, I found myself pulled in by the characters a lot more.

This story has everything you would expect from a great romantic suspense novel. There is all the mystery surrounding the unknown and the criminal happenings, alongside all the drama of romantic life. There were so many layers to both elements of the story, both the mystery and drama grabbing you. Each time you came to terms with one detail, something new would be thrown at you from a different location. It constantly kept you on your toes, leaving you unsure as to how things would play out. Whom could you trust? What was going to happen next? How did certain elements come into play? So many wonderful questions, enough to keep you guessing until the end.

Whilst the individual character storyline comes to a head in this one, leaving us content with how things played out, there are still many questions remaining regarding the bigger picture. I’m super intrigued by all the possibilities that await in the future, unsure as how things will come together.

There really is so much potential for this series and I cannot wait to find out how everything will play out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment