Thursday 17 August 2017

Review: Yes, Prime Minister

Yes, Prime Minister Yes, Prime Minister by Aria Cole
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Yes, Prime Minister is my second Aria Cole book. As with my first Aria Cole read, I wasn’t crazy about it. I contemplated three stars – as my prior Aria Cole read somehow managed to pull such a rating from me (I believe I was much nicer with my ratings back then) – but I couldn’t quite bring myself to give it a three star rating.

For me, this book was a case of insta everything. You name a cliché and it happens at hyper speed. You blink and you’ve missed a sudden shift in the story, a move that is quite large yet wholly predictable. Everything was too quick, you didn’t get a chance to connect, and I didn’t really care one way or another how things played out. All in all, it wasn’t for me.

I plan to try one more Aria Cole book (possibly two, as I have a feeling I have multiple on my Kindle for some reason), and if I have the same response, I will conclude Aria Cole books are not for me. I’m just too picky when it comes to my short stories, and neither of the Aria Cole books I have picked up thus far have done it for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment