Monday 20 November 2017

Review: Forsaken by Night

Forsaken by Night Forsaken by Night by Larissa Ione
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I positively adore Larissa Ione’s Demonica series. I read the first five books – those from the main Demonica arc before segueing into the Lords of Deliverance series – back to back, and I cannot wait to continue on. In addition to wanting to read the rest of the Demonica series, I was super interested in reading some of Larissa Ione’s other novels. One such series to interest me was the MoonBound Clan Vampires series.

On Larissa Ione’s website, she mentions how there is to be a big delay between Chained by Night and the next MoonBound Clan Vampires book as she is planning to release the next three back to back. I’m all for books being released in rapid succession, but as I’m not a fan of long waits, I decided to delay reading this series until closer to the time of release.

However, when I picked up Blood Red Kiss to read Kresley Cole’s The Warlord Wants Forever, I found myself treated to Forsaken by Night. I told myself not to read this novella, to leave this two-point-five book alone until I was able to read it in order… yet Larissa Ione. I needed more, and I found myself diving in.

Although I have not read Bound by Night or Chained by Night, I found Forsaken by Night really easy to follow. I could see where I would have enjoyed the experience more through having read the prior two books – the relationship between Nicole and Riker and the relationship between Aylin and Hunter would be explained, along with certain referenced events and the abilities of the supernatural creatures – but this also works well as a standalone novel. In fact, I enjoyed it so much a part of me is tempted to grab Bound by Night and start the series even though there is quite a wait for the next book.

As with my other Larissa Ione reads, I found this to be thoroughly addictive. I was quickly pulled into the world, the storyline, and the characters, wanting more with every page. Although it was just a small insight into the series, I gained so much from this one. Our main characters were positively wonderful, yet I also found myself enjoying the side characters. The storyline was intriguing, and the underlying story arc relate to the main series has left me curious. The world was a lot of fun, and I’m excited to see how it all comes together in a full-length novel. If the main books in the series contain what this book did – action, amazing characters, a great romance, and wonderful steamy scenes – then I’m sure I’m going to love the MoonBound Clan Vampires series.

Without a doubt, I’m looking forward to diving into the MoonBound Clan Vampires series in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment