Monday 6 November 2017

Review: The Vilka's Mate

The Vilka's Mate The Vilka's Mate by Pearl Foxx
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Vilka's Mate is the second book in the Shifters of Kladuu series, and I enjoyed this one even more than the first. Without a doubt, I’m now addicted to this series and will be diving into each additional book as soon as I get the chance.

The moment I finished The Vilka’s Servant, I dove straight into The Vilka’s Mate. I was both excited and tentative about this one. Excited because I couldn’t wait to find out more about this world; tentative because I was unsure about the promised romance. You see, in The Vilka’s Servant I found myself excited for a romance between Gerrit and Niva. Upon finding out this would not be a romance between the two of them, I was rather disappointed. As soon as this story started, however, I realised what I was given was so much better than what my heart had been set on.

The Vilka’s Mate takes us even deeper into the Kladuu world, showing us so much more than The Vilka’s Servant showed us. In particular, we finally get to see beyond the Vilka clan. It was nice to get an introduction to more of the world, to get to see other elements come into play. Fear not, though, it’s not a story built entirely upon new information. Things we were introduced to in the first book reappear in this one, taking us even deeper into the overarching storyline. Whilst it is possible to enjoy this book as a standalone, you’ll get a much better appreciation for the world and events if you read this series in order.

Much like the first book, this one was impossible to put down. The events leave you wanting more, leaving you gripped throughout. The characters are amazing, you cannot help but fall in love with them. Everything comes together so well.

There’s such promise for the next book, too. In fact, I’m crazy excite for Nestan’s story. The epilogue gave us a glimpse into the next book and it got me so excited, as a name was mentioned from The Vilka’s Secret (the short story I positively adored) and now I cannot wait to see how things play out.

Without a doubt, I need more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment