Monday 27 November 2017

Review: His Obsession

His Obsession His Obsession by Anna Bloom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was introduced to Anna Bloom through her The Truth About Love series, short stories that quickly won me over. I then went on to read The Game, which completely blew my mind. Not long after, I picked up her Gravity series, which was something different but still enjoyable. Other Anna Bloom books are sitting on my Kindle waiting to be read, but I found myself far too excited about the Obsession series and jumped straight into His Obsession.

His Obsession is an extremely short read, one you can complete in under an hour, and it gives you a wonderful introduction to the Obsession series. It is only a short story, but it gives you a lot about the series. It introduces you to the characters, it gives us the historical drama, and it sets us up for the next book in the series.

I really did enjoy this one so much. I’m not usually a fan of these little prequel stories, but this one left me so excited. I find prequel stories sometimes feel a bit unnecessary, but such is not the case with this one. His Obsession gives us the perfect amount of detail to pull us in, letting us know of the big event in the characters’ past. Sometimes these kinds of events are referred to in the main story and never really explained, so I’m glad we were given a short story that shares all the details.

Honestly, His Obsession has left me so excited for His Possession. I cannot wait to see what the story brings, and I’ll be diving straight into it. If His Obsession is any indication of what I can expect from His Possession, I’ll be left wanting to dive straight into Her Confession.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment