Saturday 11 November 2017

Review: Sin Undone

Sin Undone Sin Undone by Larissa Ione
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sin Undone is the fifth book in the Demonica series, and whilst it may be my least favourite in the series it was still a wonderful read.

I positively adored the first three books in this series – Pleasure Unbound, Desire Unchained, and Passion Unleashed – and quickly found myself wanting more. I was tentative about book four – Ecstasy Unveiled – but I found myself really enjoying it. I’m also glad I picked up the short story – Eternity Embraced – as it let me recognise a character in this one. All in all, I had high hopes for Sin Undone.

Knowing this was the end of the Seminus arc left me wanting to savour this book, left me wanting to take my sweet time, and yet I was excited to see how the story came together. There was so much happen in Ecstasy Unveiled, so many elements were opened up for Sin Undone, and I could not wait to see how everything played out.

As expected, a lot happened in this book. The storyline of this one included a lot more than I had anticipated, covering so much more than I’d imagined it would. I wasn’t quite sure what direction I expected the story to take, and whilst there were times I wasn’t overjoyed with the events, as a whole I really enjoyed it. There was so much to this one, and a lot of it was completely unexpected.

I cannot quite put my finger on what it was, but for some reason I wasn’t as sucked into this one as I had hoped to be. I think it was because I didn’t enjoy Sin as much as I had hoped I would. She was an enjoyable character, I enjoyed her storyline, and Con was amazing… but I found I wasn’t quite as sucked into this one as I was the prior books. It is really difficult to say what the specific reason was for this, but I didn’t enjoy it quite as much as the other books in the series. It was still a wonderful read, but not my number one Demonica book.

I’m also rather annoyed with the ending. It was wonderful, I cannot deny that, but I’m annoyed because I do not have a copy of Eternal Rider to dive into. I did not realise quite how excited I would be for the Lords of Deliverance series, as I’d entered the Demonica series with the belief that the two were not as tightly interwoven as it appears they will be. I’m glad to see there is going to be quite a connection between the two series, yet I’m annoyed because I cannot dive straight into what comes next. I really do need some answers!

Overall, this was a great ending to the Seminus arc and I cannot wait to dive into more of the Demonica spin-off books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment