Monday 22 February 2021

Review: Eastern Lights

Eastern Lights Eastern Lights by Brittainy C. Cherry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading Southern Storms, the first book in Brittainy C. Cherry’s Compass series, I was desperate to dive into the second book. The moment I found out Eastern Lights was Conner’s story, my excitement grew. I adored Connor in the first book, and I had high hopes for his story.

Although you fall in love with Connor in Southern Storms, you do not need to have read it to enjoy this one. It is great to see more of the characters from the first book when they make an appearance, but it is fine to go in without any prior knowledge. Whatever way you enter this one, it is sure to have you hooked.

As always, Brittainy C. Cherry gave a story that was packed with emotion. I fell head over heels for our characters and their relationship in no time, unable to put the book down. I happily devoured it in a single sitting, being hit with emotion after emotion. From the wide smiles to the pangs of heartbreak, this one hit all the spots. In fact, I debated giving this four-point-five-star read a five-star rating.

The only reason I rounded my rating down instead of up was due to some parts of the story feeling a little big dragged out and some other parts feeling a little too quick. I adored how much emotion was packed in this one, I could not get enough of it, but those handful of moments where things felt either a bit fast or a bit slow had me rounding my rating down. Many, however, will happily hand over the five-star rating, as I know I’m extra picky when it comes to my reads.

All in all, another fabulous read from Brittainy C. Cherry. I cannot wait to see what book three in the Compass series brings.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment