Thursday 18 February 2021

Review: Halftime Husband

Halftime Husband Halftime Husband by Erin McCarthy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Erin McCarthy hooked me with Weekend Wife, sucked me deeper into the friendship group with Five First Dates, had me desperate for more of the characters after Forty Day FiancĂ©, kept me on my toes with Who’s the Boss? – all of which left me eager to dive into Halftime Husband. As the fifth book in the Sassy in the City series, it’s a wonderful read, but it’s also one that works perfectly fine as a standalone story.

Halftime Husband hooked me right away, and I was happy to devour the story in a single sitting. I’ll be honest and say I was a wee bit tentative early in the book, as things happened a bit quicker than I would have liked, but it was not enough to take away from the story. More and more details were added, ensuring I could not put it down. I fell deeper for the characters with each new detail, was hooked on the story as it unfolded, and wore a wide smile on my face as things played out. Filled with plenty of amusing moments, this is a great addition to the series.

Without a doubt, fans of the prior books in the series need to give this one a read. It’s another addictive read, one that opens plenty of possibilities for the author’s next series. I cannot wait for more!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment