Tuesday 9 February 2021

Review: Tales of Darkness and Sin

Tales of Darkness and Sin Tales of Darkness and Sin by Giana Darling
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Tales of Darkness and Sin is a collection of quick reads guaranteed to have the reader hooked. There is a nice variety in this one, ensuring there is something for everyone. I’ll be honest and say some of the stories weren’t quite for me, but it was certainly an addictive collection.

Sold to the Highest Bidder by Aleatha Roming and Skye Warren was a one-star read. I’ll be honest and say I’m not the biggest fan of either of these authors, as I find their writing styles are not for me. It is no surprise I was not crazy about this one. Although there were some interesting moments, it ended to abruptly for me to give it the two-star rating some of the moments deserved. Added with the fact the perspectives were written in different tenses, and this was a jarring read.

Stalker by A. Jade and A. Zwarelli was a three-star read. This was such a fun quick read, one that hooked me right away and ensured I could not put it down. There were some four-star moments with this one, but I felt the end was a little bit too easy for me to round it up. It certainly had me hooked, though.

Poisoned Hearts by Parker S. Huntington and Giana Darling was a four-star read. This was an incredibly addictive read, one I could not get enough of. There was more packed into it than expected, and I adored the way things developed. Each new detail packed a harder punch than the last, and I could not put myself away from the story.

Collateral Hearts by S.M. Sotto and K. Webster was a four-star read. This was another addictive read that I could not pull myself away from. I’ll be honest and say I wasn’t as in love with the ending as I had hoped to be, as it felt a little bit on the rushed side, but it did not take away from how gripping the tale was.

Dirty Bargain by Lylah James and Cora Reilly was a three-star read. This was one that had me conflicted. There were some four-star moments, but I never quite felt the connection between the characters that I had hoped for. Their story was interesting, but without the intense connection I couldn’t quite bring myself to round my rating up. It was, however, another gripping tale.

Mr. Foster by K. Webster and Sam Mariano was a four-star read. This was a lighter tale than the prior ones, but it was just as addictive. I fell for the characters with ease and could not get enough of the way things developed. The side elements of the story were resolved a little too easily, but it did not take away from the romance of the story.

Not a Dirty Little Secret by Giana Darling and Sierra Simone was a four-star rating. This was such an addictive read, one that I could not get enough of. I adored the characters and their story, loved the way things were handled throughout, and adored that there was quite a bit of sweetness mixed in with the steam. It’s easily one of my favourites in the collection.

Her Christmas Present by Jade West and Lucia Franco was a three-star rating. This one had me conflicted. There were some four-star moments in this one, but I always feel a bit iffy when reading student-teacher stories when the student is still at school. At university level, it’s different. School, for me, is iffy. Although it had me hooked, I couldn’t quite get over that fact. I’m sure it’ll work for many, but it wasn’t quite to my taste.

Forbidden Flaws by Pepper Winters was a three-star rating. This was another that had me conflicted. In truth, this was a three-point-five-star read. There were some four-star moments, but things were left too open for me. If there is a continuation of the story, I’ll certainly be reading it. As a standalone story, I would have liked things to have been less open in the end.

All in all, these stories were addictive and offered a bit of everything. I had clear favourites, but I can certain see how each story appeals.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment