Monday 1 February 2021

Review: The Last

The Last The Last by Hanna Jameson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Last is a story that had great potential, one that left me curious to see how the story would come together. Although I was intrigued throughout, it didn’t quite wow me in the way I had hoped.

I think my main problem with this one – the reason I never crossed from enjoyment of the story into obsession with the story – was how little action there was. There were certainly interesting moments, times when things grew intense, but I expected more action from the storyline. As it was, things fell into the background a lot and we were plodding along. I wanted intensity and action, I wanted to be on the edge of my seat, yet it was simple curiosity to see how everything came together instead of something bigger.

Don’t get me wrong, things came together well. There were plenty of interesting elements to make you think, but it wasn’t quite enough for me. I prefer more intensity with my dystopian and my murder mysteries, and this didn’t quite reach the high with either element.

All in all, a decent read but not quite all I had hoped it would be.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment