Monday 7 June 2021

Review: The Goblins of Bellwater

The Goblins of Bellwater The Goblins of Bellwater by Molly Ringle
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

The Goblins of Bellwater is one of those stories that sounded perfect for me on the surface yet ended up being a very different read to what I had anticipated. I can certainly see lots of people enjoying this one, but it wasn’t what I had expected from the read.

I went into The Goblins of Bellwater with the expectation of creepy goblins and dark magic. Quickly, however, the story started to focus on the everyday life of the characters and the things I wanted seemed to fall into the background. The goblins and magic remained, yet they were not what I had expected. These things felt rather flat, I never much cared for the characters, and my interest in them faded as I found myself unable to connect with the other aspects of the story.

In this case, I think the main issue was the fact I went into the story with the expectation of something vastly different.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment