Saturday 1 January 2022

Review: Down With This Ship

Down With This Ship Down With This Ship by Katie Kingman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Down With This Ship is one of those books that had the potential to be perfect for me, yet I fear I set my expectations a little to high. While there were some interesting moments that kept me turning the pages, I spent most of the book feeling like I had read the story before.

For me, there’s a bit of irony in the fact that this book was predictable and felt like it was something I’ve already read. You see, there is a point in this book where the character talks about tropes and cliches, explaining the differences between them. Despite this, the book felt more like a cliché than a trope. That is not to say it was a bad book, simply that there was nothing that made this one shine in the way I had hoped. It made for enjoyable quick reading, but it did not wow me.

All in all, an okay read. I had hoped for more, yet it worked for easy reading.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment