Monday 17 January 2022

Review: Phoenix's Touch

Phoenix's Touch Phoenix's Touch by Tai James
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Phoenix’s Touch is the first book in the Soul Bonded in the Stars series by Tai James, and it’s an interesting start to the series. If I’m being completely honest, this one had me a bit conflicted. Despite the conflict – initially, I could not decide if I wanted to round my three-point-five-star rating up or down – it was one that had me happily powering through the pages.

Phoenix’s Touch was a story with plenty of moving parts that had me curious to see how the pieces would come together. With plenty of details that had me eager to see what happened next, the story was easy to devour in no time. Although the story had me desperate to see how everything played out, I felt there were parts of the worldbuilding that were not as fleshed out as I would have liked. My fingers are crossed that these details will be explained more in the future books, as there is so much potential for so many of the elements involved.

All in all, an intriguing start to a series with a lot of promise.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment