Friday 28 January 2022

Review: The Lottery

The Lottery The Lottery by Karpov Kinrade
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After enjoying The Witch’s Game, I was eager to dive into another book from Karpov Kinrade. The Lottery sounded like something I would love – a mix of science fiction and forbidden romance – and I was eager to see how Karpov Kinrade handled the story.

I’ll be honest and say that this one had me conflicted. While I loved the messages in this one, the way the end of the planet was handled, I never really felt the romance side of the story. Things felt too instant and easy for me, and this meant my enjoyment of that element of the story – the element that was prevalent throughout – was not what I had expected. In fact, if I’m being completely honest. I was more interested in the side characters and their romantic lives than the main characters. In this case, I think this was one of those times where I simply did not connect with the main characters. I’m sure many others will be hooked, as it is an interesting story, it just wasn’t quite what I had hoped for.

Although I did not love the couple in the way I had hoped, I am curious about what comes next for the series. As I said, I was interested in the side characters, and I do want to see what happens between them.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment