Tuesday 24 May 2022

Review: Almost Priest

Almost Priest Almost Priest by Lydia Michaels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Since being introduced to Lydia Michaels, I have found myself hooked on the author’s work. Each book sucks me in deeper, leaves me wanting more, and I’m slowly working my way through the author’s backlist. Almost Priest grabbed my attention because I’ve been eager to read the McCullough Mountain series after meeting them in the Jasper Falls series. As I’d hoped, this was a great start to the series.

I will be honest and say that there were a few points in this one where it felt like the book was focusing more on setting up the series than it was on moving this story forward, but I fell deeply enough for all the characters that I did not mind. Almost Priest was an addictive story, one that made for easy reading, but what make it really stand out was the bigger cast. There were so many people to love, and I fell for each of them when they played their part. The story was packed with emotion, and each detail sucked me in deeper, ensuring I was left eager to see how the rest of the series played out.

Without a doubt, Almost Priest has ensured I’ll be diving right into the next book in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment