Thursday 12 May 2022

Review: Under Fortunate Stars

Under Fortunate Stars Under Fortunate Stars by Ren Hutchings
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Under Fortunate Stars is a story that is sure to have many sci-fi fans hooked throughout. While there were elements of this I did enjoy, it mostly left me conflicted. That is not to say I disliked it, simply that it wasn’t quite everything I had imagined.

The concept of Under Fortunate Stars grabbed me from the start, ensuring I was eager to see how everything developed. While it did keep me curious, there were points in this where I felt things moved a little too slowly – which was when I started to notice just how fortuitous things really were. I expected some luck, some chance, considering the title, but it became a little too much as the story developed. There were lots of points where everything was ‘just so’ and it took away some of the intensity of the story, making it feel almost easy. I know this will not annoy everyone, but it did bug me when it kept happening. There were points when I wanted to see the characters battle through the problems instead of it happening because of their good fortunate.

All in all, this was an interesting read. While I enjoyed it, it was a little too easy, but it was still an addictive story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment