Friday 27 May 2022

Review: Wicked Flame

Wicked Flame Wicked Flame by Ella Frank
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wicked Flame is the second book in the Chicago Heat series, and I was eager to dive into this one after loving Wicked Heat. I had high hopes for all that would play out, which had me devouring this one in a single sitting.

While this was filled with moments that had me smiling and falling deeper for the characters, I do feel the story was a bit weak in this one. The main events were all over with quickly, and it focused more on showing us the (somewhat sappy) happiness between them. That is not to say I disliked it, because I did enjoy falling deeper in love with the characters, but it did leave me feeling like this could have easily been one book instead of a duet. It was nice to see more of the characters, I did like the events, yet I wanted more substance when it came to the drama that left me hanging with the first book.

All in all, this was great to see more of the characters, but it wasn’t quite the intense read I had hoped. I am, however, super eager to see what comes next in the Chicago Heat series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment