Tuesday 24 May 2022

Review: Beautiful Distraction

Beautiful Distraction Beautiful Distraction by Lydia Michaels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After enjoying Almost Priest, I was eager to dive into the second McCullough Mountain book. As I’d hoped, Beautiful Distraction was another addictive read from the author that I devoured in a single sitting.

As with all the books from Lydia Michaels that I have read thus far, Beautiful Distraction was a story that grabbed me from the first page and had me falling deeper with each chapter. I could not get enough of the characters and their story, and was sucked into each detail that unfolded, everything sucking me deeper into the tale. Despite how much I loved this one, I did feel the ending was a little too easy. It was not enough to ruin the story for me, but I do wish things hadn’t been quite as easy. It took away a bit of the impact of the rest of the story when things were resolved in the blink of an eye. Nevertheless, it was a fabulous story I could not put down.

Without a doubt, this was a fabulous second book in the series. It has left me desperate to dive into the next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment