Thursday 26 May 2022

Review: See Me.

See Me See Me by Stacey Kennedy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

See Me is the fourth book in Stacey Kennedy’s Phoenix series, and it is sure to have fans hooked. With a wonderful first line, it guarantees the reader is hooked from the get-go.

While I did adore See Me, a part of me feels like this fell into the same trap as the prior book. That is, the book is best enjoyed if you’ve been following the series. It can be read as a standalone, but to truly enjoy everything you need to have read the prior books. This is because all the build-up between the characters happened in the prior books, and diving into this one will mean you’ve missed a lot of the tension between them. It is mentioned, yet it is not witnessed in the way it has been in the other books. Although I would have loved to see more of that tension first hand, I understand why the author went in with the approach they did. Personal preference has me favouring watching all the build-up in one book, yet that failed to remove my enjoyment of this one. It was another story I happily devoured in a single sitting, unable to put down once I started. With plenty to enjoy, this is sure to have fans of the series hooked.

Once again, Stacey Kennedy has left me eager for the next book in the series. I cannot wait to see what happens in Take Me – and with it being newly introduced characters, I’m extra excited for all the goodness it will bring.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment