Wednesday 8 February 2017

Review: Love's Back Pocket

Love's Back Pocket Love's Back Pocket by Heather C. Myers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Love’s Back Pocket is yet another fun read from Heather C. Myers. Whilst I have given it a three star rating, in reality it is more of a three-point-five star read. I debated whether to round it up or down, but in the end I didn’t enjoy it quite as much as I enjoyed some of her other work so I opted to round down.

Heather C. Myers writes a range of romance reads, and whilst her paranormal romance tend to be my favourite I cannot deny that she had wrote some fun contemporary reads as well. Love’s Back Pocket is one of those contemporary reads: it takes the much-loved story of the rock star. Rather than being a tale of a fan falling for the rock star, this is the story of someone who is very much indifferent to the musician and his music. She’s not a hater nor is she obsessed – she just accepts it.

The story was addictive from the start until the end, leaving me guessing as to how exactly things would play out. However, I wasn’t as engaged as I have been in some of the author’s other work. We have all that you would expect for such a story: drama, emotions running high, changes in perception, and a lot of other aspects that work to thrown a wrench into the works.

Despite how much was included in the story, I failed to really connect with the characters. I think it’s because we never had that truly high point that made the characters shine as much as they could have. Yes, we had ups and downs that tested the characters; however, there never seemed to be a moment where both of them realised what was happening – their emotions just seemed to progress at different rates.

Overall, it was enjoyable but it isn’t my favourite work from the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment