Wednesday 27 December 2017

Review: Hard Landing

Hard Landing Hard Landing by Becky McGraw
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hard Landing is my second Beck McGraw read, even though it is the sixth book in the Deep Six Security series. Having read and enjoyed Silent Knight, I needed more. With book five working perfectly fine as a standalone novel, I had a feeling book six would be the same. I was correct in my assumption – it does make for a great standalone novel – but I really do want to go and read the rest of the series. The books work perfectly fine as standalone novels, but I am now left so intrigued by the side characters from this story and wish to go back and read their individual stories.

From the very start, I was pulled into Hard Landing. I had been hoping for a romantic suspense, an intense rescue mission, only to be given something else – something I enjoyed much more. Whilst there is an intense rescue mission, this story has much more depth and many more events. Silent Knight provided a book with many layers, more emotional depth than a simple romantic suspense, yet it was nothing compared to this book. Hard Landing is an intensely emotional read, one that deals with a number of heavy issues.

It is a very quick read, one that can easily be finished in a single sitting, but such does not lessen the emotional impact of the story. It is a wonderful romantic story, but it also deals with other life issues. It takes the bad and shows how such issues can be overcome, how a person can continue even when it seems like there is very little light ahead. Often such stories feel as though they’re preaching, as though they’re trying to force someone else’s mentality onto you, but such is not the case with Hard Landing. Hard Landing provides a story of someone moving forward in their life, providing you an intensely beautiful real-life romance story.

Had I not already been planning to pick up the rest of the Deep Six Security books, this would have convinced me to do so. In fact, I may have to bump them up my to-read list. I’ll also need to add Beck McGraw’s other books to my to-read list, as I believe I’m going to be quite the intense fan by the time I’m caught up with her work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment