Thursday 21 December 2017

Review: The Unmasked CEO

The Unmasked CEO The Unmasked CEO by Miranda P. Charles
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Unmasked CEO is the seventh book in the Captured by Love series, although it works perfectly fine as a standalone novel. It seems I have found myself reading these books completely out of order, and I find myself enjoying each one perfectly fine as a standalone novel, although I can see how it would be more fun to read the books in order. Whether you read the series in order or whether you just pick up the stories that interest you, I find these books to be well worth the read.

As with the other books in the series, The Unmasked CEO is a pretty quick read, one you can complete in a single sitting. You’re pulled in from the very start of the story, and you’ll constantly be flicking pages due to your desire to see what comes next. Although you have a clear expectation of how things will come together, the specifics leave you curious as to what details will be revealed as you work deeper into the story. In fact, as you work through the book, you find there are more layers to the story than you initially anticipated, ensuring you keep turning the pages.

Like the other books I have read in the series, the many different elements of the story pull you in. It has all you would expect from a fun quick romance – great character, chemistry, and drama. There’s a slight undercurrent towards the end towards what could be considered romantic suspense, but not in the typical sense – it’s more so a danger aspect, something to add an additional punch before the book ends.

Without a doubt, it was another addicting addition to the series. I cannot wait until I dive into yet another Captured by Love book, as I really do need to fill in all the little blanks I have from jumping around the series so much.

Well worth the read for anyone looking for a fun quick romance.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment