Saturday 22 September 2018

Review: Savior

Savior Savior by Julia Sykes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’ve read a few Julia Sykes books, and every time I go a while without reading one I’m always surprised by how hot they are upon my return. I absolutely adore the books Julia Sykes writes, and I need to stop taking such long breaks between each read. With Savior being the second book in the Impossible series, I’ve decided I’m going to ensure I’ve finished this series soon – as I really do need more of the characters.

I actually fell in love with the Impossible world following my foray into the spin-off series, but I quickly found myself needing to return to the original series. Impossible was a lot of fun, and at the end I found myself desperate for the stories of certain characters. With Savior, I got one such story.

From the start, I was sucked into Savior. Like all my Julia Sykes reads, this one was insanely hot. It was lighter on the BDSM than other Julia Sykes books, but it was still incredibly hot. Not to mention, the chemistry between the characters was wonderful. I fell in love with their relationship, I loved watching them grow, and I really hope they appear regularly as a couple in the future books. I need to see more of them, as I really do adore them.

The only thing I wish there’d been more of was the suspense storyline. This one was interesting, but it was lacking the depth of the storyline in Impossible. I feel as though it was brushed to the side somewhat and was never given as much attention as it could have been. I really wish we had worked our way a little deeper into that part of the storyline – along with the past of our female lead – as it would have made the book even more enjoyable.

As a whole, though, I loved this one in the way I had hoped I would. There is no doubt I’ll be diving into book three soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment