Monday 17 September 2018

Review: Scottish Devil

Scottish Devil Scottish Devil by Tammy Andresen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Tammy Andresen is my go-to author for my guilty pleasure historical romance reads, an author I will gladly pick up whenever something new is offered. In fact, I always find myself overeager for my next Tammy Andresen read, as I know I’ll be given something I’ll adore. I guess it’s not so much a guilty pleasure read at this point, and more a necessary read.

With Scottish Devil we get the first book in the Brethren of Stone series. After reading the prequel, The Duke’s Scottish Lass, which is really more of a story for the end of the series, I found myself eager for another historical romance series set in Scotland. With how Tammy Andresen’s A Laird to Love series is my favourite of her series, my hopes were already set high for the Brethren of Stone series.

As with every Tammy Andresen read, Scottish Devil was a quick and enjoyable story. You’re sucked in from the very first page, and things happen at a rapid pace to ensure every word sucks you in deeper. With drama and chemistry, this story sucks you into the lives of the characters. I always enjoy the characters Tammy Andresen writes, but I think these two may be one of my favourite. Not my all-time favourite Tammy Andresen couple, but certainly within my top five. You see, this duo brings us something different, and I enjoyed watching the way things built between the two of them.

It’s not just the main characters you’ll fall in love with, though, as the side characters will leave you desperate for the rest of the series. I’m already in love with Blair, and I cannot wait to dive into Wicked Laird to see how his story develops.

Without a doubt, Scottish Devil is a great start to the Brethren of Stone series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment