Tuesday 12 June 2018

Review: Beyond The Moon

Beyond The Moon Beyond The Moon by R.J. Wood
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Beyond The Moon is the second book in R.J. Wood’s The Voyages of Jake Flynn series, and much like the first book it was an enjoyable quick read. As with the first book, my three-star rating is a reflection of my current reading mood: this book is more of a three-point-five-star rating, but with my funny reading mood recently I’ve been doing a lot of rounding down as nothing seems to be blowing my mind to quite the degree I’ve been hoping for.

In the first book in the series, Destiny’s Gambit, we were introduced to a fun new science-fiction world, one that left me with many questions. I enjoyed all we were shown, but I couldn’t wait to find out more – I wanted that little bit extra to throw me ever deeper into the universe. Fortunately, Beyond The Moon delivers this little bit extra I was looking for. In fact, my favourite thing about this book was the way in which the universe developed – we got to see so much more of the universe, and things are much clearer now.

Moreover, this extension of the universe allowed for some really fun development for some of the characters. I enjoyed the cast in the first book, yet some of them really came to life in this second book. The storylines continue and we find out more, sucking us ever deeper into the story.

There is no doubt this was an enjoyable second book, and that this is a series that is going to go to many fun places. If you’re a fan of middle-grade fantasy and science-fiction, this series is worth giving a try.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment