Tuesday 5 June 2018

Review: Bound by Night

Bound by Night Bound by Night by Larissa Ione
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Since diving into the Demonica series, I have been obsessed with Larissa Ione’s work. She sucks me in deep, and I find myself unwilling to step away for any lengthy period of time. There is no doubt I became an instant fangirl. Despite my fangirl status, I tried to hold off on reading the MoonBound Clan Vampires series. You see, Larissa Ione stated she is holding off on releasing the last few books until they are all finished and be released in a rapid fashion. As someone who hates lengthy waits between books, as someone who is waiting on many books already, I told myself I would hold off until I could read them all.

Clearly, such did not happen.

It started with Forsaken by Night, book two-point-five in the series. I’d been meaning to read Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark series for quite some time, and the only way to get my hands on a physical copy of the first book was to purchase Blood Red Kiss. Within Blood Red Kiss, I was also given Forsaken by Night. I told myself not to read it, to wait until I had read the prior books, but I have zero self-control when it comes to Larissa Ione. I was too intrigued, and I jumped right in. Unsurprisingly, I had a lot of fun.

Despite having read two-point-five, I told myself to wait before going into the series. It won’t be much longer, I told myself, trying to convince myself the rest of the series is just around the corner. This was working, until I saw Bound by Night on offer. The aforementioned zero self-control around Larissa Ione’s work came into play, and I did what I always do: I saw the book, I grabbed the book, I devoured the book, and I was left desperate for more. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before I grab Chained by Night and find myself sitting in limbo as I await the next book.

My eagerness to dive into book two is more than enough to explain my feelings towards this one – I loved it. I did not enjoy it quite as much as I enjoyed my introduction to the Demonica series, but it was an enjoyable read. The Demonica books are mostly strong four-point-five-star reads, whereas this is just a solid four-star read, but that does not lessen my enjoyment any. After all, it was filled with all I have come to expect from a Larissa Ione read.

We had great characters, so many I came to love – both the main characters and the side characters. We had a great romance – I adored the way it developed between the two, and the steam was spot on as always. We were introduced to an exciting new world – it was something different and I have so many questions I need answering in the future books. Sure, I feel as though it wasn’t quite as well explained as it could have been, but I’m hoping we’ll get our answers in the future. I know there were certain elements introduced at the end of this one that will surely be explained soon, but the big question I want answering is in relation to the vampire slaves. I really want some background into the world, and I hope we get that in the future books.

As a whole, this was another wonderful read from Larissa Ione. There is no doubt that I will be powering through the MoonBound Clan Vampire series in the same way I have powered through the Demonica series, once the books are released – so please, let that be soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment