Wednesday 13 June 2018

Review: Cuttin' Heads

Cuttin' Heads Cuttin' Heads by D.A. Watson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Despite being a big lover of horror, I do not read as many horror books as I would like. As a big lover of eighties horror, I often feel as though the more modern horror doesn’t quite reach the same standard – I feel like it’s less real scares and more of the creepy feelings. I have no issue with such reads, but I often find myself favouring older books all the same. To try and amend this, though, I have been trying to read a few more this year – D.A. Watson’s Cuttin’ Heads is one such read.

Cuttin’ Heads was perfect for me as I also love books based around the music industry – mixing that with horror, and you’re pretty much giving me a book I will devour. As I’d hoped, Cuttin’ Heads was a book I was more than happy to consume over a short period of time.

From the start Cuttin’ Heads sucked me into the music industry side of the story, pulling me into the lives of the characters. As the story progressed, the horror side started to suck me in too. Slowly we’re introduced to the creepy factors, and once we’re part way through things really start to come to life. It may not be the big bad scary stuff of early horror novels, but it certainly gripped me throughout.

With a great mix of the music industry and horror, this novel holds your attention throughout. Things build at a wonderful pace, the characters are great, and the ending was wonderful.

I’ll certainly be reading more D.A. Watson in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment