Friday 29 June 2018

Review: The Whisper

The Whisper The Whisper by Emma Clayton
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Emma Clayton’s The Roar and The Whisper are two books I grabbed to complete a deal. I didn’t have much by way of expectations, but I was rather eager to see what the books would bring. Unfortunately, after reading the first book, I found I wasn’t crazy about the story. Nevertheless, as I had book two I decided to dive in.

For me, The Whisper was rather anticlimactic. I was expecting something much bigger from this one than what we were given. There were some interesting elements to the story, but as a whole I feel as though there wasn’t quite the depth there could have been. In fact, I feel as though book one promised me a lot of things only for book two to skim over them.

Sure, I enjoyed watching how everything came together. However, I wasn’t blown away by what happened. I read this one as I needed to know how things ended, not because I was invested in the story. I was too indifferent to do more than accept how the story came together.

I’m sure those who enjoyed the first book will enjoy this one, but sadly the series was not for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment