Monday 17 August 2020

Review: Isa

Isa Isa by L.L. McNeil
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Isa is the fourth book in the World of Linaria series, and it’s an astounding addition to the series. Before diving into this one, you need to first read Moroda, Palom, and Amarah, ensuring you do so in order. This is an epic fantasy series that builds throughout, with each book moving us deeper into a story that hooks throughout.

After the high of Amarah, I had even higher hopes for Isa. Fortunately, Isa delivers. I thought a lot happened in book three, but this one made it look like the book hardly moved at all. That’s how much happens in Isa – everything is important, each detail moves the story massively. There were some details that played out that confirmed my beliefs from the prior books, there were some details that went in unexpected ways, and there were plenty of details that have me eager to see what comes next. In fact, the details that were added in this one has ensured a lot of great things will come in the rest of the series.

If you’re a fan of epic fantasy, you need to dive into this series. It has everything fans of the genre need, keeping them hooked throughout. Multiple interconnected storylines. Characters that grow with each book. The morally grey. Action. Adventure. A world that continues to grow. Conflict. Basically, this series is just what fans of the genre desire.

Upon finishing, I’m now desperate for book five. I have high hopes for what comes next, and I’m of the belief this series will manage to pull a rare five-star rating from me with the way each book hits harder than the last.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment