Tuesday 4 August 2020

Review: Ritual

Ritual Ritual by Kandi Steiner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Before I started Ritual I was unsure what I needed most – to see what happened with Bear and Erin, to see how Jess and Kade played out, to fall deeper in love with Brandon and Ashlie, to be hit with all the Cassie and Adam feels, or to see what came next for Skyler and Kip – but I knew I needed more. After finishing, I can say for certain I did not need one single element – I needed it all.

The first four books – Rush, Anchor, Pledge, and Legacy – all had plenty packed into them, and need to be read before diving into this one. Things have been building throughout, and to enjoy everything in this one you need to be aware of all that has played out before. Trust me, it’s worth it though.

Despite how much was packed into the prior books, this one hit me the hardest. Lots happened in this one, much more than I anticipated. Even the details that I wasn’t one hundred percent happy with ended up being important, playing into the overall story, and won me over. There’s heartache and pain, mixed with laughter and love, and everything hits hard. You continue to fall deeper and deeper for the characters, and I’m so invested in all that plays out.

Honestly, this is one of those books where I could swoon about the beautiful development of characters and stories, but to do so I’d end up spoiling the major events of this one. Just know, it’s one of those extremely rare books to have pulled a five-star rating from me because it gave so much and hit hard. Even though there were a few details I wasn’t completely happy with, they were important – and to turn those things around and make them vital ensured this fifth addition to the Palm South University series earned a full five-star rating from me.

The only downside is that I now have to wait to get my answers to what comes next – and I cannot wait after those twists!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment