Monday 3 August 2020

Review: Once Upon a Twelfth Night

Once Upon a Twelfth Night Once Upon a Twelfth Night by Christina Alexandra
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Once Upon a Twelfth Night contains seven stories that link together, although each can be read as an individual story. There were some elements that I found contradictory when reading them back-to-back, but as a whole they made for a great collection.

The first story in the collection, Twelve Nights of Ruin by Carrie Lomax, was a four-star rating. There was a little bit too much back-and-forth between the characters for me, but I enjoyed watching the way the story developed. By the end, I was hooked on the characters and eager to see them get their happy ever after.

The second story in the collection, Christmas Chase by A.S. Fenichel, was a three-star rating. The story was cute, and I enjoyed watching it play out, but I never quite felt the connection between the characters I had hoped for. It certainly hooked me, but I had hoped for a wee bit more.

The third story in the collection, Three Kisses Before Christmas by Tanya Wilde, was a four-star rating. This one hooked me right away, and I could not put it down. There were plenty of adorable moments throughout, and I was desperate to see the story come together.

The fourth story in the collection, Ruination of a Rogue by Clair Brett, was a two-star rating. I’m sure this one will work for many, but I just couldn’t connect with it. There were some three-star moments, but not enough for me to love it. As it was, I was mostly indifferent a bit bored with this one.

The fifth story in the collection, A Twelfth Night Wager by Christina Alexandra, was a four-star rating. In truth, this was a rounded-up rating. The story was adorable, I was hooked on the way things were playing out, but I did find it to be a bit too quick. It was sweet, but I would have appreciated a wee bit more.

The sixth story in the collection, What If I Still Love You by Erica Taylor, was a four-star rating. This one was a bit slow in places, but it came together well. I adored watching the characters come back together and was smiling at so many of their interactions. I also loved the side characters with this one.

The seventh story in the collection, It Was Only a Kiss by Sofie Darling, was a four-star rating. This was my favourite of the collection, one that was adorable and hit me with all the feels. I fell for the characters with ease and could not get enough of their story. It was simple, but powerful, and I loved every moment of it.

All in all, this was a fun little collection that kept me hooked throughout.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment