Monday 17 August 2020

Review: Suicide Club

Suicide Club Suicide Club by Rachel Heng
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Suicide Club is one of those books that had a lot of potential but ended up being something completely different to what I’d anticipated. I’m sure many will enjoy this, but I’d been hoping for something with a bit more philosophical depth.

In truth, it took a while for me to decide upon a rating for this one. A part of me wanted to round this one down to a two-star rating, as I really had been hoping for more. However, as it was a book I easily powered through, I rounded this one up to a three-star rating. It’s more of a two-point-five-star read, one that had me extremely divided. The story left me curious as to how it would come together, there was clear potential for a lot of interesting elements to play out, but nothing was taken as far as I would have liked. I kept waiting for this one to shock me, for something to make me stop and think, but it failed to offer anything that wowed me.

All in all, I was expecting a book that would make a lasting impression. Instead of a lasting impression, this is a book that made for quick reading but will not linger with me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment