These ‘about me’ sections, or even sections that inform you about blogs, have never been my forte. Much to my chagrin, I was never taught the unwritten rules of what you are supposed to say. The links at the side of the blog – Twitter and Goodreads, for example – are liable to tell you more than I could ever say in words.

Mostly, this will be a book blog. I read a lot, and I love to share my views on my most recent reads. I try to read a little bit of everything, but if you look closely you’ll notice I will occasionally become obsessed with one specific genre for a short period of time. Old books, new books, yet to be released books – I read them all. If you’re an author looking for advance readers or just wish for more reviews of a book you’ve already released, please feel free to contact me. There is a contact form at the side of my blog – if you scroll down below the Twitter and Goodreads sidebar you will find it – so drop me a message and I’ll be sure to get back to you in double time. After all, finding new authors is what makes the book world go around.

Thanks for taking your time to read this. With a little bit of luck, you will find my blog much more interesting than this mundane introductory section.

Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Review: Shadows

Shadows Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Lux series was an addictive read, yet I wasn’t crazy about it. I enjoyed it, yes, but I never reached the level of obsession that most people reached. I blame this on my dislike of the main characters. I never really managed to connect with them, I couldn’t bring myself to enjoy their romance, and as a whole they were just a means to telling the story I was addicted to.

The side characters, however, I did enjoy.

Thus, you can imagine how excited I was to give Shadows a read. It was included in my copy of Opposition, and as soon as I was done with the main series I jumped into the novella. After all, I came to really enjoy the characters involved in this novella and was happy to read more of them. In fact, if the truth is to be known, I enjoyed them more than the leads in the overall series.

Having read Shadows, I have one wish – I wish there was more to this story. I feel as though I would have enjoyed the Lux series so much more had we followed this couple. To me, their relationship was a lot more enjoyable than the leads of the main series. In this novella alone, I managed to connect and enjoy them a lot more than I ever did the characters in the main story.

This is short and sweet, it gives us the background we need, and it will leave you loving the couple so much. A part of me believes I enjoyed this novella more than I enjoyed any of the novels in the series – such was my enjoyment of the story.

If you’re a fan of the Lux series, you really do need to give Shadows a read. It is more than worth it, I assure you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment