Wednesday 30 May 2018

Review: Vampire Fight Club

Vampire Fight Club Vampire Fight Club by Larissa Ione
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m not the biggest lover of short stories and novellas, I much prefer digging deep into the full-length novels of any given series, yet there are some cases where I just have to read such stories. Larissa Ione is an author who has me more than willing to dive into her shorter tales, more than happy to read the short stories that accompany the full-length novels I adore so much.

Since I picked up the first book in the Demonica series, I have desperately been needing more. It’s one of my favourite paranormal romance series, and the Lords of Deliverance spinoff is promising to be just as enjoyable. Vampire Fight Club is a nice little addition to the Demonica universe, taking place in the Lords of Deliverance timeline.

I will be completely honest and say this wasn’t quite a full four-star rating. Mostly, this is a reflection of how I prefer longer stories – and how, at the end of this one, I was left wishing we’d been given more scenes so that I could have fallen ever deeper in love with another Larissa Ione tale. However, as the rating was so close to being a four-star rating, I had to round it up.

Although this takes place in the Lords of Deliverance timeline, it is not a pivotal story to the overall arc. It makes references to what is going on in the universe, yet the story stands just fine on its own. It is quick and fun, with all of the author’s usual trademarks – some action, some steam, great characters, and a storyline that leaves you more than curious about how the events come together.

Without a doubt, this was another great read from Larissa Ione. I’ve seen mention that Base Instincts, another Larissa Ione short story I’m extremely interested in reading, is linked to this one, and I cannot wait to see how it plays out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment