Saturday 27 October 2018

Review: Bagging Alice

Bagging Alice Bagging Alice by Laura Barnard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Bagging Alice is the third book in Laura Barnard’s Babes of Brighton series, and it’s another must-read from the author. After reading and enjoying Excess Baggage, book one in the Babes of Brighton series, I was more than willing to read more stories following the characters I found myself falling in love with. With how much I enjoyed Love Uncovered, book two in the Babes of Brighton series, I was desperate for even more. Even though I have read some other Laura Barnard books and enjoyed them, I do think the Babes of Brighton series is my favourite.

Know you do not need to have read the two prior books to understand Bagging Alice. It works perfectly fine as a standalone romance, but you will enjoy it more if you have read the prior books. The understanding you have of side characters and references adds something extra to this story, something you will miss out on if you read this as a standalone novel. A lack of knowledge will not make this book impossible to enjoy – as I’ve stated, it works fine as a standalone – but those little things you get through having read the prior books makes it all the more worthwhile. Plus, the prior books are great.

If I’m being completely honest, I was a wee bit unsure about this one at first. I was enjoying it, yes, but I did not fall as madly in love with it as quickly as I did the prior books. It was enjoyable, but I was not howling with laughter. It was enjoyable, but I was not obsessed. It was enjoyable, but I wanted that something more. Then that something more hit, and I was lost to the story. I was howling with laughter, I was obsessed, and I could not get enough of the story.

You fall in love with the characters, both as individuals and as a couple. Watching them deal with their individual issues and grow as people is great. Watching the way the romance between them blooms is beautiful. Watching the way everything comes together is fabulous. It’s a quick read, but there are so many layers to it, so many different elements to enjoy and fall in love with. The main characters, the side characters, the events, the drama, and the humour – those are just a few things that will leave you obsessed with the story.

Without a doubt, this was a wonderful addition to the series. If you’ve yet to read the Babes of Brighton books you need to dive into them, as they are wonderful reads.

I cannot wait to see what happens with the other ladies, as I’m excited for their stories in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment