Thursday 11 October 2018

Review: The Silver Queen

The Silver Queen The Silver Queen by Josie Jaffrey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

To say I was eager to dive into The Silver Queen is an understatement. My feelings were well beyond mere eagerness, as I was desperate to dive into the second book in the Sovereign series. In fact, after finishing The Gilded King all I wanted to do was devour more of Josie Jaffrey’s work. Therefore, as you can imagine, I devoured The Silver Queen.

The Gilded King, book one, set the standard for the Sovereign series extremely high, with The Silver Queen easily living up to the standard. As with the first book, I was addicted from the very first page. You’re thrown straight back into the story, with things moving at a rapid pace from the get-go. If you have yet to read The Gilded King, however, you will be at a disadvantage – so go back and read it now, you will not be disappointed.

With The Silver Queen, we’re thrown even deeper into the wonderful paranormal dystopian world introduced to us in The Gilded King. We have more of the dystopian society, more of the vampires, and more of the zombie creatures plaguing the world. Not only do we have all the goodies we were introduced to in the first book, elements are introduced that leave us curious about each of the aspects.

As with the first book, we follow two stories throughout, with them intertwining once more. They were very different kinds of stories, yet both were fabulous. It’s impossible for me to say which of the stories I enjoyed more, as both introduced so much. I loved all the characters, I loved watching the development, and I loved the twists. Usually with stories that follow multiple characters I can pinpoint a clear favourite, yet I’m head over heels for all the characters and events in this story, making it impossible to say who or what is my favourite. Everything is wonderful, everything is addictive, and I need more of it all.

Honestly, I adored The Silver Queen. It took all we’ve come to know about the world through the first book and make it even more intense. There was more action, more drama, the romance continues, twists and turns were thrown in, and I cannot help but internally squeal about the reveals. The things we find out in this book – wow. I’m even more desperate for the third book than I was for this second book, as some of the revealed details have left me shook. I could rant and rave for a very long time about the things we find out, how they impacted me and left me desperate for more, but I’m not the kind to leave spoilers – just know, this book introduces so much, promising us a mind-blowing final book in this trilogy.

Without a doubt, The Silver Queen was a fabulous second book in a wonderful series. Josie Jaffrey has a way with words, with telling a story, that sucks you in so deep that you forget about the real world around you. The story hooks you, the characters come to life, and by the end of the book the only thing you’re feeling is a desperate desire for more.

As you can imagine, the moment I get the next book I plan to consume it in the blink of an eye. The desperation and eagerness for the final book in this series is insane.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment